Snapchat – the multi-media mobile application app, has revolutionalised the way we communicate. Launched in 2011, this app has gained so much popularity that to date there are over 150 million users.
Its popularity is attributed to its uniqueness compared to other social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Periscope or Peach. Its ability to create video and sound clips that disappear within 24 hours have made this a must-have app.
Many use it to create make-up tutorials, sell clothes or live stream sporting games. While this app may provide more options from a social media perspective, there are other social apps out there that are more interactive and give you more options.
Here are some of them:
- The story element that allows users to share 15-second videos with their networks
- Just like Snapchat, the stories also disappear after 24 hours
- It also has analytics and insight reports which are great for businesses and influencers
For those who haven’t about this app, Rex is a social media app that allows users to recommend favorite movies, books songs or restaurants including links to the things you are sharing.
- It’s possible to see what’s trending based on the shared recommendations and you can save these to read later
- You can preview music via SoundCloud or YouTube which keeps you updated on what’s new in the music scene as well as share your latest project(s) if you’re an artist
As of December 2015, Facebook had a total of 1.5 billion users and this number continues to grow. It is currently the largest social media platform with the most users. How does this app fair compared to Snapchat?
- It has a trending panel that helps you keep track of what is going on around the world
- The Live feature allows people to turn their life into events
Click here to connect with us.
For those that have not heard about this app, the best way to describe it as Twitter with a GPS system. This app allows you to connect with other Yakkers around you and get a live feed of what’s going on around you. Some the unique features include:
- The ability to connect and spark conversations between other Yakkers based on your location is the main focus
- It’s perfect for college and campus communities
- You can chat with fellow Yakkers on a personal level and discover what is going on around you
This camera iOS app lets you capture the same moments or stories together. It works best with front and back camera and both the photographer and the subject are captured in the same frame – how cool is that! In fact its tagline is “You and what you see“.
- Allows you to share two pictures in the same post, giving selfies a whole new meaning
- The front and back cameras won’t fire simultaneously. The first shot is from the back camera which will appear on the top half while the second shot from the front camera will appear in the bottom half
- You can tap to retake the photo if you’re unsatisfied
This is a social app for public opinion. Users can upvote or downvote content that they see on their newsfeed.
It is strictly for voting, which is similar to the Twitter opinion voting feature. This app’s voting system gathers information about the voters such as gender, age and location and it’s a great app to use to get feedback.
This live social media app allows you to broadcast what you’re doing and interact with others who are doing the same in real-time. This app allows you to discover popular live video streams from around the world, by location and instantly share them.